Michael Osinski

he/him

ARTIST OF: Jessica Bauman

MIDWIFE OF: Philip Kenner

BIO

I'm a director, deviser, and educator, currently serving as the Visiting Assistant Professor of Theatre and Performance at St. Lawrence University in Canton, NY. I've spent most of my professional career in Philadelphia (where I co-founded a theatre company in the early 2000s) and Chicago (where I got my MFA in Directing). I'm the co-founder of The Antidote, an artistic collective devoted to remixing classic work with contemporary (or fairly contemporary) pop culture. Favorite recent works include a site-specific live-action nightmare inspired by the work of David Lynch (RED LODGE, MONTANA) and an interactive self-help lecture about the media and mental health (THE CELEBRITY GUIDE TO MENTAL HEALTH & WELLNESS). I've been told my aesthetic is like Trent Reznor at a PTA meeting. I also co-produce and co-host a weekly music podcast called This One Goes to 11 with my friend and collaborator Tyler Esselman.

WHAT I MAKE

I make live performance and occasionally a narrative audio podcast, but I'm also interested in making short films.

INSPIRED BY

experimental theatre

Radiohead

David Lynch

formulaic television programming

enthusiastic collaborators

injustice

Caryl Churchill

Trent Reznor

Naomi Klein

unspoiled nature

EXPLORING

A solo theatre piece about the declining higher ed industry. Or maybe a short film about navigating grief and loneliness in adulthood. I've had a few ideas stewing, but I haven't been able to bring them to fruition.