Jessica Bauman

she/her

ARTIST OF: Lynn Pace Green

MIDWIFE OF: Michael Osinski

BIO

I am a director and community-based theater maker based in Brooklyn NY. In the past few years, I have been collaborating with a theater company in Tijuana Mexico to make a piece about the U.S./Mexico border that has traveled all over the U.S. I am fascinated by migration stories and the idea of home. I teach, I produce, I write. A year ago, I made a short film. I am both terrified and exhilarated by expanding my artistic practice into new realms. In my work, I am more and more interested in creating opportunities to connect across differences.  I am also a friend, a partner, and the mom of two amazing young men.

WHAT I MAKE

I am a director and community-engaged theater maker. I work with playwrights to develop new work, and have done a lot of work on Shakespeare. I often teach, and I produce when I need to (which is also often). I have been writing a little bit for a long time, and am trying to expand my sense of who I am as an artist to include writing as well. I recently made a short film, and am interested in building my filmmaking tools as well.

INSPIRED BY

My children, travel, collaboration, learning new things, reading.

EXPLORING

I have two projects that are knocking around in my brain right now. One is a devised theater piece which will require a fair amount of research and learning before I can get into a room with other folks to do any devising. The other is a screenplay for a feature film - something I've never done before. (I've written two shorts, but never a feature.)