Lynn Pace Green

she/her

ARTIST OF: Rachel Healy

MIDWIFE OF: Jessica Bauman

BIO

Lynne lives in Evanston, IL where she has lived for 22 years since relocating from San Francisco where she married her husband and brought two amazing young women (now 23 & 25) into the world. She is a theatre artist and has worked for decades as an artist/educator/program director and advocate for equitable access to the arts for all. In particular, she is passionate about access to the arts for young people and has dedicated her career towards that goal. Lynne has also spent so long helping others create art that at this point in life, she's interested in rediscovering her own artistic practice which has been dormant for quite a while. Currently, she's teaching young theatre artists at UIC how to expand their practice to include teaching artistry and she loves that work. She also leads an arts education collective, works as a facilitator in The Civic Actor Studio, and works as an arts consultant and professional development coach with numerous arts and civic entities in Chicago.

WHAT I MAKE

I am a baker and am always cooking. I am interested in making some story based performance piece.

EXPLORING

Creativity shows up for me in my steady practice of cooking. It also shows up as I design curriculum, professional development workshops, and sometimes in my consulting practice. But in regards to my artistic practice, I have several 1/2 baked projects I'd like to flesh out and decide which one to push further along: A) a story catching project in my rural home town, B) a family lore story developed into a musical theatre project, C) acting/performing again, and D) developing a Teaching Artist mentor project.