BIANCA THOMPSON
she/her/hers

ARTIST OF: Stewart Romeo

MIDWIFE OF: Erica Lauren Maholmes

BIO

Bianca is a theatre artist, educator, intimacy and fight director, and singer/songwriter originally from Boston, MA. She recently moved back to Chicago after the pandemic altered her path for a little while, and she is eager to collaborate and connect with people who share her passions for social justice, mental and sexual health, body inclusivity, and reimagining what theatre can be and look like. Some of her simple joys include karaoke, condiments, dogs, and card/board games.

WHAT I MAKE

I make theatre and music, and I am interested in making theatre as an actor, writer, intimacy director, and fight director, as well as youth theatre director. I am also interested in making music with people; it's a dream of mine to be a lyricist/songwriter/singer for a band.

INSPIRED BY

● Young people in their quest to find themselves, grow, and connect with others

● Experiential art where all the creative elements work together in harmony to create

something moving

● My friends

● Dogs

● People who dedicate their lives to helping others

● My therapist

● Cozy aesthetics

● Lizzo

● All the faculty at Theatrical Intimacy Education

● Really good writing (like the kind that makes me gasp out loud)

● Pasta’s ability to heal my soul

EXPLORING:

I just completed my first professional theatre credit as an actor and fourth credit as an intimacy director. I want to work on revising/overhauling my full-length play in the coming months to get it to a place where I might be able to have a reading. I also want to keep building my career as an actor, intimacy director/coordinator, and fight choreographer. It would be wonderful to also find some folks to start a band with! I'm a singer and songwriter but not a great instrumentalist.