ERROL McLENDON
he/him/his

errol.mclendon@gmail.com

ARTISTIC DISCIPLINES: Writing, Storytelling

ARTIST OF: Benjamin Gregg

MIDWIFE OF: Amy Schwabauer

BIO

Errol McLendon is a Chicago solo performer and storyteller. His stories have been heard at Backroom Stories (now Backyard Stories), Do Not Submit, This Much is True, Serving the Sentence, Ten X Nine, online at the Elmhurst History Museum website, and he is a recent Moth Slam winner. Errol also has a solo show, Inner State, dealing with the value of past memories when short term memories start to fade which he hopes to tour across the US to roadside attractions in the spring, if Covid will cooperate.

Visit him at his website at www.innerstatestories.com and listen to his podcast (link on the website) about all things road trips and roadside attractions.

INSPIRED BY

I am inspired in general by the struggles of fellow artists. By communicating with other creators, I can relate to their resistances and learn what they do to overcome them. I also often am excited and moved to action by the direction of their work and the sources of their inspiration, even when they are working in a completely different realm than I am. We all take different paths to our own individual creations.

EXPLORING:

Polishing and producing my solo show and creating a persona for my storytelling

INSPIRATION FOR PROJECT:

Other solo artists and a belief that road trips will make a resurgence