BENJAMIN GREGG
he/him/his

benjaminjosephgregg@gmail.com

ARTISTIC DISCIPLINES: Acting and Playwriting

ARTIST OF: Amelia Hefferon

MIDWIFE OF: Errol McLendon

BIO

Benjamin Gregg is a Northeast Ohio based actor and writer. He has appeared on many stages throughout the area including Actor’s Summit Theatre, Cleveland Public Theatre, Blank Canvas Theatre, None Too Fragile Theatre, Ohio Shakespeare Festival, Convergence-Continuum, Ohio City Theatre, Talespinner Children’s Theatre, Ensemble Theatre, and Seat of the Pants Productions. Favorite roles include Jeff in "Lobby Hero" and Caleb in "The Whipping Man."

INSPIRED BY

The Civil Rights Era (Bayard Rustin, Ella Baker, John Lewis, etc., etc.), St. Francis of Assisi, St. Ignatius of Loyola, Bill Moyers, Pearl Jam, '90s Rap (Long Live A Tribe Called Quest and Beastie Boys), '90s Alternative Rock, The Chicago Theatre Scene, The Northeast Ohio Theatre Scene, My Wife, Honestly too many to list.

EXPLORING:

I'm developing my first play called "All In My Head." It's a dramedy based on my experience navigating the mental health system in America and the amazing, inspiring people I've met throughout my journey.

INSPIRATION FOR PROJECT:

I have many sources of inspiration for my project. Namely the harrowing and transformational stories of people I've come across throughout my recovery. I'm also inspired by plays that have a journalistic angle to their storytelling - namely Larry Kramer's "The Normal Heart" and Moisés Kaufman and members of the Tectonic Theater Project's "The Laramie Project." Additionally, I'm inspired by the many talented artists that populate our Northeast Ohio performing arts scene - especially my wife, Amy Fritsche as well as our own local playwrights like Eric Coble. I honestly have a litany of people who inspire me from our community, but there's too many to list.