CLARIBEL GROSS
she/her/hers

claribel.gross@gmail.com

ARTISTIC DISCIPLINES: Theater maker

ARTIST OF: Kathleen Niemann

MIDWIFE OF: Kim Morris

BIO

I’m Claribel (she/her), Theater Maker, Collaborator, Arts Educator and founding member of The Midwives. I think of myself primarily as a theater maker, if there’s theater to be made, I love to be a part of the community making it, whatever the work requires. I am fascinated and energized by the creation of new work and I am interested in the reasons why people are making their own work. I value the ways in which we all (art makers) experience joy, pain, fear, and satisfaction from producing works of art and showing them to people who may recognize the joy, pain, fear, and humanness in the work...or in themselves. I enjoy collaborating above all else, I love talking through ideas, being in the room with people, working towards a common goal, being brave and experimenting with how to communicate an intention. I believe in the never ending experiment.  I believe in the joy of creating.

INSPIRED BY

Magical Realism, lime trees, youth activism, travel, family and friends.

EXPLORING:

There are a few project ideas that have been floating around in my head for a while now, I don't know what form or shape they will take...will I make a solo, will I want to create a piece for young audiences that is collaboratively written called “The Very Last Lime Tree”, will I be continuing on a writing collaboration that is inspired by the novels of Isabel Allende called “Women Like a River”? I would like to create a theatrical experience that can bring people together and expand our world view. Certainly one of my goals is to continue to create pieces in my own voice that bring me joy and give me a reason to get out of bed in the morning.

INSPIRATION FOR PROJECT:

Magical Realism, the thoughts that keep me up at night, lime trees, youth activism, travel, family and friends