KATHLEEN NIEMANN
she/her/hers

kniemann789@gmail.com

ARTISTIC DISCIPLINES: Theater and dance performance, Film, Poetry, Crafts

ARTIST OF: Sarah Finn

MIDWIFE OF: Claribel Gross

BIO

Kathleen is a performer, dancer, writer, poet, visual artist, plant mom, daughter, sister, friend, aunt, adventurer, biker, volunteer farmer and lover of the outdoors. She's a transplant Chicagoan, originally from Louisville, Ky. She seeks to create meaningful connection through her art, striving to bridge the gap between rural and urban living.

INSPIRED BY

nature
my peers
strangers
challenges
stories waiting to be told
children
food
music
movement
poetry
persistence

EXPLORING:

I am currently in the beginning stages of writing a new one person show. This time its about agriculture! I spent a month living on a commune, learning about seed farming and intentional living, since being back in Chicago I have been volunteering at local, urban farms and gardens. That being said, I am still very much in the research stage but I am very excited about this project and have already learned so much! I'm wanting to do more ethnographic work with this piece and explore all the different bits of what farming looks like for different people.

INSPIRATION FOR PROJECT:

Local farmers, my house plants, the cycle of life and death, growth, connection to the earth, community, sustainability, growing your own food