BEN GANTOSE
he/him/his

ben@bentose.com

ARTISTIC DISCIPLINES: Theatrical Design (Lighting, Scenic, Projections, Installation)

ARTIST OF: Amy Kovacs

MIDWIFE OF: Ian Bonner

BIO

Benjamin is an artist focusing on storytelling through design. As a lighting, scenery, projection and installation designer, Benjamin revels in creating new work that blurs the lines of discipline and medium. His work spans ballet and modern dance, scripted and devised theatre, musical theatre, opera, theme parks and immersive installations. He is a Resident Designer at both Cleveland Public Theatre and The Children’s Theatre of Cincinnati as well as an Associate Designer at the Cincinnati Ballet and Kansas City Ballet. Benjamin grew up in Berea, Ohio migrating over the years from the Northeast to the Southwest corner of the state before finally crossing the river to live in Kentucky with his partner Tom and their cat Peaberry.

INSPIRED BY

Color, history, mythology, other people, music

EXPLORING:

I think it is a project in world-building. I want to create a world with it's own aesthetic, principals, magic, physics that can then contain diverse stories, songs, places, and characters. I want to be able to mix up the order which those elements are created and interact.

INSPIRATION FOR PROJECT:

Prairie Home Companion, American Gods/Neil Gaiman, Maps in the beginning of fantasy novels, My friend Rose's song-writing