AMY KOVACS
she/her/hers

amyskovacs@gmail.com

ARTISTIC DISCIPLINES: Maker

ARTIST OF: Kelsey Didion

MIDWIFE OF: Ben Gantose

BIO

Amy currently lives in Olympia, Washington with her firefighter wife, two cats who think they are dogs and a dog who thinks she’s a cat. Originally, from the east coast Amy was drawn to the west and spent eleven years in Utah working wilderness therapy and running an outdoor learning program before moving to Washington. She is currently the Program Director of a non-profit that provides experiential education programs on a sailing vessel. She is a maker at heart. She likes to build, problem solve and think up inventions. She is drawn to nature and the things we can learn from it- including how to create more sustainable materials. She’s exploring ways to incorporate nature into our everyday designs and wants to create ways to reuse the things we might throw away.

INSPIRED BY

Tinkering, science, adventure, art, entrepreneurship and things people create, informal education and nature

EXPLORING:

Big picture- my next career move. Project idea- a community fix it/ interactive recycling center

INSPIRATION FOR PROJECT:

My grandpa- he was an inventor, my community, the environment and trying not to throw so much shit away!