Kathleen Niemann Usher

she/her

ARTIST OF: Philip Kenner

MIDWIFE OF: Amy Schwabauer

BIO

I am a woman, daughter, sister, partner and friend. I am a lover of nature and travel. I am a dancer, actor, shower and car only singer, writer, macrame artist, and teacher. I am a lover of black tea, a good book and my grandma’s old orange chair. My dog, yoga, bonfires and hikes make my heart happy. My houseplants and garden are my pride and joy. I am a sagittarius who leans fully into my fiery desires and spontaneity. I feel all of my feelings and my face will always give me away.  I seek adventure and creativity in everything I do.

WHAT I MAKE

I create solo documentary theater shows. I also make macrame wall hangings. I use dried/pressed flowers in many different crafts. I am interested in learning more about natural dyes and flower pounding on fabric.

INSPIRED BY

Changes in nature. Growing my own food. Watching others create. Creating with others. The look in a child's eyes when they discover something new. Spontaneous dance parties.

EXPLORING

I'm hoping to submit my show to the Asheville Fringe Festival. If it gets picked, then I will be knee deep into working on the final touches of that. If not, I would like to keep exploring my macrame and new ways to incorporate dried and pressed flowers into my art while expanding my Etsy shop.