SARAH HINCHLIFF PEARSON
she/her/hers

ARTIST OF: Thomas Murray

MIDWIFE OF: Alyssa Mohn

BIO

Sarah Hinchliff Pearson is a writer—not for a living, but in order to live. She writes to make sense of the world and her wee little place in it. Sarah has lived all over the country, but she currently lives in her hometown of Des Moines, Iowa, with her two kids, husband, and 105-pound lap dog. She works remotely for a privacy-focused tech company and hunts for time to write in the early mornings or the evenings after her kids go to bed.

WHAT I MAKE

I write, and occasionally doodle. Most of my personal writing is unpublished, but a few years ago I wrote a chapbook-length memoir that I self-published to give to my kids when they get older. I also recently finished an epistolary project where a friend and I (the aforementioned Eva Rogers who is also joining Term 5!) wrote and published 170 weekly letters to each other. I also experimented with an online advice column for a few months with two pals, and I have written a healthy smattering of Medium essays. 

I have recently started reading poetry and I dream of writing some eventually. Right now, I just want to get back to putting together good sentences.

INSPIRED BY

My two kids, people who overcome shit, people who give time and energy to communities/humanity/nature, being a part of and contributing to a collective endeavor, live public storytelling (watching so far, but someday participating!)

EXPLORING:

My project is to write sentences that say things I want to say. Nothing more, nothing less.