RAIN SINGH
she/her

ARTIST OF: Claribel Gross

MIDWIFE OF: Stewart Romeo

BIO

As a New York City native, moving to rural New Jersey was a change for Rain. The first time she saw a bear while driving to the convenience store almost made her cry out of fear, but she survived the quiet nights and the absence of 24-hour bodegas with the help of art and music. As an artist, Rain is able to express her feelings of fear, isolation, and loneliness, on paper, while drumming her frustrations out on her second-hand Evans drum set. Often through the process of setting free the emotions and riding them through these mediums, Rain creates something she is proud of.

WHAT I MAKE

paintings, music, digital art, graphic designs, woodwork

INSPIRED BY

Being given a second chance is something that not everybody has and coping with the railroad of emotions it brings can leave you wading in a fog of guilt, gratefulness, frustration, hope, and despair. When I do read the letter my donor's family sent, it inspires me to do something. Some days the inspiration is epic and I can change the world with this idea or at least turn my life around, and other days it motivates me to just push through an art piece that I lost interest in.

EXPLORING:

Stating the State of My Being (working title) is an idea that I have been sitting on for a while. Throughout my day I cycle many moods, so much so that it has been a problem in my life in the past. My idea is a way to express these moods but in different settings. Originally I wanted to create a self-portrait in every state of the US. spend sometime in each state and include local culture as well as how connected I feel to it, or what I felt, in general, being there. The general idea is how my environment affects my mood and what medium I chose to create that I felt best exemplifies me. The self-portraits didn't have to stay strictly 2D either. As a beginner musician, I wanted to find a way to include music in the pieces as well.