KAITLIN TAYLOR
they/she

ARTIST OF: Elizabeth Murphy

MIDWIFE OF: Ash Ross

BIO

Kaitlin Thomas Taylor (They/She) is a director/designer and multi-media artist. She has directed, designed, production managed, and assisted across many Chicago theatres including Redtwist Theatre, TimeLine Theatre, Saint Sebastian Players, Genesis Theatricals, The Music Theatre Company, Otherworld Theatre Company, Public House, Chicago Dramatists, and The Vanguardian Theatre Collective, among others.

WHAT I MAKE

Design and specially I'm hoping to use this project as a launching pad for diving back into things like embroidery on curtains and paper craft and explore new areas like mural design

INSPIRED BY

Everything and Nothing. Part of what I'd like to do this year is to try to tap into the easy creativity I felt as a child. I feel the impulse of it, but the pathway to tap into it has become difficult to navigate. For the project of designing my home, I'm inspired by production design of The Magicians, the Lady and the Unicorn tapestries, and design that involves color and craft.

EXPLORING:

I have an urge to make my new home into an artistic space but I've struggled with giving myself the time to actually act on my impulses, as it sits in my psyche as something between an indulgence and a chore.  I've gotten so locked into a pattern of doing what I have to do, what I feel I should do, that I have trouble engaging with anything enjoyable that not purely to escape and unwind from getting through my to-do list.