DEVON HAYAKAWA
any prounouns used with respect

ARTIST OF: Ash Ross

MIDWIFE OF: Callie Fabac

BIO

Devon is a theatre artist, new works enthusiast, and collaborative storyteller based in Chicago, Illinois. Their work has been seen both onstage and off at Chicago Shakespeare Theatre, Paramount Aurora, Bramble Theatre, Chicago Dramatists, Farmers Alley Theatre, Wayward Sisters, American Lives Theatre, Rebel Playhouse, Rogue Theatre Festival, Women's Theatre Festival, and more. Devon believes that the future of theatre relies on diverse representation being an expectation, not an afterthought, and that storytelling creates communities regardless of the form that story takes. Devon graduated from Ball State University in 2019, and continues to work with them as an Alumni Ambassador.

WHAT I MAKE

I make stories! I'm interested specifically in writing a new full-length play or developing a new TTRPG!

INSPIRED BY

All of the stories I have found a home for myself in. Then. And now.

Kiki's Delivery Service
Ladybird
Stranger Things
Fantasy High
The Good Life
Soft Power
Dress Codes for Small Towns
Fun Home
Cold Earth
IT
Anne with an E
Bushwick Girls
Dungeons & Daddies
Little Women
Baked! The Musical
Turning Red

EXPLORING:

Either a new full-length play celebrating life as seen through the joyous lens of a youthful protagonist, or a new tabletop roleplaying game built in the Belonging Outside Belonging engine created by Avery Alder & Benjamin Rosenbaum.