CALLIE FABAC
she/her

ARTIST OF: Devon Hayakawa

MIDWIFE OF: Carson Marie Earnest

BIO

Callie grew up in the suburbs of Kansas City. She grew up studying singing, dancing, and acting, but she has also always loved to write. While in college at Elon University, Callie majored in Acting and minored in Creative Writing but, due to the liberal arts environment, was able to dive deep into many other interests such as Poetry, Playwriting, Political Science, Art History, Film Criticism, and Performance Art. Callie loves going to museums, hiking, playing tennis, writing poetry, and reading Rousseau. During college, she also participated in many artistic internships, ranging from educational to dramaturgical, including a literary management internship where she read over 100 new plays over a summer. Callie loves taking classes, learning new things, and making connections. In her artmaking and her poetry, she is interested in the ways womanhood and environmentalism intersect.

WHAT I MAKE

Performance Art and Devised Theatre

INSPIRED BY

Yayoi Kusama, Joseph Beuys (specifically I Like America and America Likes Me), Dread Scott, Carolee Schneeman (Internal Scroll), Lygia Pape (O Ovo, Divisor), Louise Bourgeois

EXPLORING:

I am interested in developing a piece of performance art based on naturalism, dialectical materialism, and enviro-feminism. Inspired by Paradise Lost and the Garden of Eden story, I want to explore how we continue to yearn to return to the "Garden" or a society pre-property and pre-civilization.