ANDY KAHNKE
he/him

ARTIST OF: Ethan Embry

MIDWIFE OF: Kim Morris

BIO

Andy spent many years bouncing around the world as an executive for luxury home goods companies. He has lived in Tokyo, Abu Dhabi, Brooklyn, and Washington, DC. Currently, Andy lives in Montclair, NJ, where he is the Creative Director of Out Montclair, a non-profit creating community and spaces for LGBTQIA+ people in northern NJ. After fourteen years of designing showrooms, leading sales team, and generally traveling 90% of the time, Andy and his husband moved to the suburbs where you can find him burying his face in cakes.

WHAT I MAKE

Cakes, novels, home design

INSPIRED BY

Grease 2, John Carpenter's The Thing, queer sci-fi, my husband's garden, existential dread, being an autumn on the "Color Me Beautiful" palette, men's skirts, melodramatic pastels, Miranda Priestly pursing her lips.

EXPLORING:

I'd like to focus on creating my own recipes and challenging myself to do outlandish things with cakes. When I left my previous job I threw myself into baking and it's taken on a life of it's own. I've made cakes that bleed, cakes that jiggle, cakes that stare into your soul. I want to focus on taking this hobby to a more developed place.