ANDREA PRESTINARIO
she/her/hers

andreaprestinario@gmail.com

ARTISTIC DISCIPLINES: Following instincts; Telling a story that feels like a compulsion that I can't not tell it

ARTIST OF: Molly Andrews-Hinders

MIDWIFE OF: Kaitlin Thomas Taylor

BIO

ANDREA PRESTINARIO is an award-winning actress, singer, and activist who is NYC-based and Chicago-grown.

Regional – Baltimore Center Stage: Fun Home (Alison); Weston Playhouse: Fun Home (Alison), Guys & Dolls (Sarah Brown); Asolo Rep: My Fair Lady (Eliza) dir. Frank Galati; A.C.T. San Francisco: 1776 (Martha) dir. Frank Galati; Paramount Theatre Aurora: RENT (Maureen), My Fair Lady (Eliza); Lyric Opera Chicago: Oklahoma! (Gertie) dir. Gary Griffin; Drury Lane Oakbrook: Gypsy (Louise), Curtains, Sugar, Seven Brides for Seven Brothers; Writers’ Theatre: Oh, Coward!; Boho Theatre Company: Side Show (Violet – Jeff Award, Leading Actress). 

Solo show – sMOkeyTOWN: The Songs of Smokey Robinson: Laurie Beechman, Mayne Stage Chicago, Feinstein’s/54 Below, Beverly Arts Center Chicago, Metropolis Arts Center (Arlington Heights).

Additionally, Andrea is the Executive Director / Co-founder of Ring of Keys, an artist service organization fostering community and visibility of queer women and TGNC artists working in musical theatre.

She is a Magna Cum Laude graduate in Musical Theatre and Gender Studies from Ball State University and a graduate of The School at Steppenwolf. 

www.andreaprestinario.com
@andreaprestinario

INSPIRED BY

underdogs facing adversity
plants growing
other artists creating
brides walking down aisles
civic engagement
my partner

EXPLORING:

Project 35 is a devised work that explores child-free womanhood from the voices of those in the "advanced maternal age". Through interviews that explore real-time experiences, the piece hones the theatricalized tick-tock urgency of being late 30s and child-free: whether by choice, indecision, fertility trials, singledom, or another of a myriad of experiences.

INSPIRATION FOR PROJECT:

Lived experience watching the women around me talk about their advanced maternal age and living it myself.