CLARIBEL GROSS
she/her/hers

claribel.gross@gmail.com

ARTIST OF: Milissa Orzolek

MIDWIFE OF: Amy Schwabauer

BIO

Claribel is a theater maker and teaching artist currently living in Olympia, Washington where she is happily collaborating on new projects, acting, directing, and dreaming about an original bi-lingual touring show for kids. As the Education Director at Olympia Family Theater Claribel finds constant inspiration in the eyes of young children experiencing the magic of live theater for the first time.  As a theater maker, arts administrator and teacher Claribel has worked at Penumbra Theatre Company, Teatro del Pueblo, Hamline University, Rybin Studio of Drama, Pillsbury House Theater, Open Eye Figure Theater, English Theatre Berlin and the English Theater of Rome. Claribel holds an MFA in theater arts from Sarah Lawrence College and is inspired by the work of Augusto Boal and the communities who use the tools of theater to create lasting, positive change. 

INSPIRED BY

Women
Resilience
Dreaming 
Palm trees
Kindness 
Strength 
Sunshine
Revolution 
Resistance
Artist Duncan Linthicum (https://www.instagram.com/duncanartist/)

EXPLORING:

TITLE: Writings from 4am or Miguel is on a Bender...Again.

I'm curious about what keeps me up at night, the thoughts that race through our minds: loving, grieving, living, dying...and making sure we do our taxes/ get to work on time/ eat/ remember to breathe/ don't drink too much/ but drink sometimes/ 

I'm curious about happiness. 

I'm curious about the many ways there are to live. 

I'm curious about the other life...the one I'm not living. 

I'm curious why I can't sleep at night- all the things I left undone and the lack of motivation to do them/ the desire to stay under the bed/ yes...under the bed/ the realization that we are lucky/ and the realization that it won't last forever/ none of it.

I'm curious about making art.  Creating theater. Watching the sunset and how long I have to wait before the lime tree has limes.

Why does it always seems like there is no good place to cry and why is Miguel constantly going on a bender? 

Where is Miguel? 

Is he on a bender again?