Mikayla De Guzman

she/her

BIO

Greetings! I am a recent graduate of Loyola University Chicago. Previous credits include:

The Wolves, All’s Well That Ends Well, Polaroid Stories, SOMEWHERE, Pride and Prejudice. Broken Nose Theatre’s BECHDEL FEST 9, and NWaC’s THE KASHA OF KAIMUKI. 

In my free time, I enjoy baking, Pilates, traveling, and taking naps. I grew up in the small town of Elko, Nevada (no no it is not close to Vegas at all but thanks for asking). I am the proud middle child of my two lovely sisters. I currently reside in Chicago as a non-union performer and stage manager.

INSPIRED BY

Baking cookies! Cooking pasta and pancakes and reading the Throne of Glass series.

EXPLORING

Creativity in my life is showing up in listening to dark academia music playlists- it feels almost healing and reassuring just to listen to stuff to pass the time as I clean my home. I don't fully know what creative venture I want to do, but my ideas are floating around the idea of the many different ways we convey I love you without words- I'll give you a ride, I knew your regular Starbucks order, I made a terrible meal- but you still swallowed every taste. This may not come to fruition since I am also exploring being my own "lover" and significant other. I recently had a breakup, but I enjoy finding myself who I am. I finally opened up conversations with my mother about this part of my life and have been surprised how reassuring she has been instead of conforming to society expectations.