Jackie B

he/they

BIO

JACKIE B is a recent undergrad from Kansas State and currently lives with their parents working as a substitute teacher and saving money to go make art somewhere cool. As someone who gave up years ago on finding out who they are, JACKIE B picks up trades like tools in a toolbox. Most recently, JACKIE B worked as a winemaker in France, and before that they hosted a morning show for a Kansas based radio station every weekday morning. When it comes to JACKIE B’s philosophy on why things are worth doing, JACKIE B believes that our highest call to action is to develop new ideas and create something worth talking about. Since moving back to Kansas, JACKIE B has developed a collaborative and interdisciplinary artist cohort that works together to build imaginary worlds for unsuspecting audiences to stumble into. They are called the Magic Carpenters. JACKIE B is drawn to the unknown and the make-believe, as deep imagination has the potential to reveal very real truths around us.

WHAT I MAKE

I make a lot of puppets of all different shapes and sizes. I use those puppets to make great parties. At the heart of it, I use everything I can as a means to an end of creating the energy of the space.

INSPIRED BY

Conjuration - endowment - the old man’s repair box from Toy Story 2 - my niece Lenny - good lighting

EXPLORING

The Magic Carpenters - we produced something big and awesome and now folks are expecting the next thing to be bigger and awesomer. My next big project is managing my own expectations and doing cool things sustainably for myself and others.