REILLY O'SHAUGHNESSY
she/they

ARTIST OF: Maggie Wanecke

MIDWIFE OF: Alex Mallory

BIO

Reilly currently lives in Chicago, IL. She's a great lover of doing too much and is currently taking a big ole rest. Their current focus is healing from a rare bone tumor that broke their femur in January. This wouldn't be possible without the unending love and support of her darling software developer named Alex. She is in the middle of moving more slowly than expected through her MFA in Acting from DePaul University, and just achieved her MA in International Theater Practice and Performance from Rose Bruford in 2021. As an actor and maker, Reilly is passionate about creating a truer and more beautiful world through connection, ownership, and bravery. She's interested in work about motherhood, faith, and friendship. They are committed to uplifting traditionally othered communities with love, reverence, and joy.

WHAT I MAKE

I am an actor through and through. But I think I want to uncover more of my creative voice beyond building characters/plays. I'm interested in making books, poems, movies, and music. I'm also interested in making a really well-rounded life.

INSPIRED BY

Okay, I made a collage. But I think the centerpiece of this lives somewhere inside of asking big questions about the specific communities I belong to. And I think this has a lot to do with being a 20-something daughter, sister, and hopeful mother in a world that feels so dangerous. And Julia Cameron, Sonya Renee Taylor, Brene Brown, and Tabitha Brown all really inspire me too.

EXPLORING:

I've been wanting to write a book of essays and poems for a while now. About working in jail, about the pandemic, about healing. But I also have a one-person show tickling the back of my brain too.