GRACE MOREAU
she/her/hers

ARTIST OF: Dave Maher

MIDWIFE OF: London Heist

BIO

Grace Moreau is an interdisciplinary artist and cyborg with 1,000 faces. Originally from a mysterious and sinister small town, she journeyed through the desert to Albuquerque, New Mexico where she studied performance art. After graduating, she continued wandering until she arrived in Chicagoland, where she currently lives with her partner and a cat that likes to fight windmills. Although life has taken her this way and that, she has always remained dedicated to investigating the limits of artistic practice. She is currently fascinated with queer theory, the digital body and doppelgangers. Her current experiments involve the re-contextualization of early feminist literature through performance.

WHAT I MAKE

I studied performance art and it has been my main medium since. Due to the pandemic and some additional complications, I haven't been able to create performance works in the past few years. I am interested in making performance both individually and collaboratively. And I am looking towards going to clown school in the near future.

INSPIRED BY

I am inspired by cinema (both high and low brow), clowns and physical theatre, gothic novels, burlesque and catholic iconography

EXPLORING:

Generative theatre, clowning, burlesque, drawing and painting, video game design and cinema.