BRANDON KIRKHAM
he/him

ARTIST OF: Christy Bailey

MIDWIFE OF: Kyle Geissler

BIO

Brandon is a (mostly) reformed workaholic, who now travels the country as a Puppet Assistant on the national tour of Disney's The Lion King. He is professionally trained as a Theatre Designer (costumes/scenery/puppets), and has also worked extensively as a Design Supervisor, Costume Craftsperson, Props Artisan, and freelance designer/builder of all sorts of weird and wonderful projects. Brandon received his MFA in Theatre Design from Ohio University, a bachelor’s degree in Theatre Design and Technology from the University of Evansville, and holds a graduate certificate in Puppet Arts from the University of Connecticut. Although he’s constantly hopping from city to city on tour, he still interchangeably refers to southern Indiana, Santa Fe, New Mexico, and Milwaukee, Wisconsin as “home.”

WHAT I MAKE

I make all sorts of things.  I'm professionally trained as a costume/set/puppet designer and builder, as well as a costume craftsperson and props artisan... which covers a lot of fields and techniques.  I also like to paint (oil/watercolor), draw, make wire art, and lots of other things.  I'm curious about ceramics, but that's not really practical moving around all the time.  

INSPIRED BY

Puppetry and theatre; art; history; nature; road trips; meeting new people; building (and repairing!) things

EXPLORING:

I'm looking to use The Midwives process to find inspiration and routine and accountability, and hope that a project comes forth through that journey.