ALEXANDRA BROWNING
she/her

ARTIST OF: London Heist

MIDWIFE OF: Rex Cassidy

BIO

Ale has no idea what she’s doing, and she’s ok with that. She graduated with an M.F.A. in Film Producing in 2022 and realized that was just the first step on a very long and convoluted road. Her interest in people and storytelling started when she was a little girl, and she still lists some “failed” career paths as interests: anthropology, archaeology, and library science. Ale is kinda shy, but she says hello to every single dog she sees. She grew up in the mountains of East Tennessee and still finds comfort in the woods. One day, she hopes to cook as well as her Costa Rican mother. Some of her favorite stories deal with trauma, mental and chronic illness, queerness, anger, and connection. She lives in Brooklyn with her video game designer partner, who is as loud as he is lovable.

WHAT I MAKE

That's what I want to explore. :) Narrative writing of some sort!

INSPIRED BY

A little bit of everything! The silliness and curiosity of my two nephews, the creative passions of my friends, my partner's nonstop brain, a stranger on the subway. Creative makeup. Cloudy days and thunderstorms. Other people's artistry, regardless of the medium. I love stories and characters that burrow into my heart and stay a while.

EXPLORING:

TV and film are always my number one. I've recently gotten back into cooking and picked up LEGO building. I also love poetry and want to reawaken my love of reading. I'm a *huge* animal person.