AMY FRITSCHE
she/her/hers

amy.fritsche@outlook.com

ARTISTIC DISCIPLINES: Actor, Director, Choreographer, Teacher

ARTIST OF: Andrew Morton

MIDWIFE OF: Shelby Coffin

BIO

Amy Fritsche is currently an Associate Professor of Acting and Musical Theatre at Kent State University. She has directed a number of plays and musicals and gave a TedX on "Theater as a medium of Social Change" through the lens of Irena's Vow. She has worked with Fox Animations Studios, toured nationally with Annie and internationally in the world premier of Best Intentions in London, England and at the Edinburgh Festival Fringe. She performed at Cleveland Play House in the world premier of These Mortal Hosts, The Diary of Anne Frank, and the reading of Little Row Boat or, Conjecture. Regionally, she has performed Phoenix Theater, Arkansas Shakespeare Theatre, CATCO Theatre, Cleveland Public Theatre, Dobama Theatre, Porthouse Theatre, Mamai Theatre and Odyssey Theater in Los Angeles. Favorite roles include, Next to Normal (Diana), Arcadia (Hannah Jarvis), Superior Donuts (Officer Randy), As You Like It (Rosalind), A Little Night Music (Countess Charlotte), Annie (Grace Farrell), and Violet (Violet). She received the 2015 and 2018 Cleveland Critics Circle Theater Award for Best Actress in a Musical for her portrayal of Violet in Violet and Diana in Next To Normal. She is a proud member of SAG/AFTRA, AGVA, and AEA.

INSPIRED BY

My students, my husband, good theatre, movies, books, good tv, good music.

EXPLORING:

A one woman show regarding teaching theatre in 2020. I hope it is not a COVID show but a show that is a conversation about how important theatre and the arts are in today's society.

INSPIRATION FOR PROJECT:

"What the Constitution Means to Me" by Heidi Schreck