KATHLEEN NIEMANN
she/her/hers

kniemann789@gmail.com

ARTIST OF: Talia Langman

MIDWIFE OF: Haley Gadzik

BIO

Kathleen is currently based in the wonderful Logan Square neighborhood of the ever-evolving city of Chicago. Originally from Louisville, KY, she got started in the arts at the ripe age of two and a half when she took her first dance class. She studied all things performing arts in high school and went on to receive a B.F.A. in Acting with a minor in Dance from Ball State University. She is proudly represented by Gray Talent Group. 
Her work, particularly her one person show about Appalachian, Ky, is heavily movement based and reaches to connect small towns and individuals to the whole. She has worked on devised dance pieces for Rhinofest and Theater in the Parks. She has been seen in several commercials featuring high level performers such as Taylor Swift and Oprah. She has worked with Erasing the Distance, Poetic Theatre Collective, Griffin Theatre, GreatWorks Touring Theatre and Theatre at the Center.
When she is not in rehearsal or on set you can find her doing yoga in the park, playing with the lovely children she nannies, tending to her plants, creating art, eating chocolate or searching for the best nature walk. 

INSPIRED BY

I am inspired by my peers and the constant creative and personal work they are engaging in. I am inspired by nature. I am also inspired by my past work, looking at it to learn and grow from past me. 

Kathleen Midwives.jpg

EXPLORING

I am exploring what it means to be a creative artist. Working on creating variety in my work and exploring a plethora of art forms. I am currently exploring with pressed flowers/leaves and how they can add texture and macrame art.