JEREMY OHRINGER
he/him/his

jeremyohringer@gmail.com

ARTIST OF: Tory Davidson

MIDWIFE OF: Anne Walaszek

BIO

Jeremy Ohringer is a director and teaching artist. He recently earned his MFA in Theatre Directing from Boston University, where his projects included HORIZON LINE (Inspired by Homer's Odyssey), Tony Kushner's ANGELS IN AMERICA: PERESTROIKA, and Brecht’s MOTHER COURAGE AND HER CHILDREN. Chicago productions include RAYMONDO by Annie Siddons, MILKWHITE by Toni Kochensparger, SAD SONGS FOR BAD PEOPLE with Rough House Theater, SALVE REGINA: A COMING OF GAY STORY by Javier Rivera, WHO ROWED ACROSS OCEANS by Danielle Littman, and a new adaptation of Frank Wedekind's play, SPRING AWAKENING. As a Teaching Artist, he has worked with Steppenwolf, Chicago Youth Shakespeare, and Open Books, among others. 

INSPIRED BY

I am inspired by podcasts, stories, mythology, painting, and movement.

Jermey.jpg

EXPLORING

I am exploring a few different directing projects. The first is a mediation on Allen Ginsberg’s HOWL which just had a workshop production as a part of RhinoFest (photo attached). I am also currently developing an adaptation of an Italian novel as well as devising a piece based on the intersection of queerness and bluegrass.